Are you suffering from chronic headaches? If so, please contact Oklahoma Pain Treatment Centers to learn about how we can ease your suffering. We’re eager to help.
If you’re one of the many people dealing with chronic headaches, then you may benefit from treatment at our center.
Headaches are extremely common, as somewhere between 80 and 90 percent of the population will deal with tension headaches – the most common type of headache – in their lifetime. While they are more common in women than in men, a tension headache can strike anyone at any time for a number of different reasons, including:
- Physical or emotional stress
- Consumption of alcohol or caffeine
- Mild or severe sickness
- Poor posture
Tension headaches typically result in a dull pain around the forehead, which presents itself as an unwanted and tender pressure around the scalp. While this type of pain is typically the most common, there are other types of headaches that people should be aware of:
- Migraines are the second most common type of headache, and often produce a more intense pain. In fact, those who experience migraines typically can’t be around others for long stretches of time, as this can trigger a deep throb that pulses steadily on one side of the head. The pain can be worsened by various lights and sounds – so much so that the sensitivity can induce nausea and dizziness.
- Cluster headaches, while not quite as common as tension headaches or migraines, occur in over 200,000 U.S. cases every year. The pain that comes from cluster headaches is absolutely debilitating, and typically centers around the eye. Again, this is not an ordinary headache, for it is often referred to as “the worse pain known in medical science.” These types of headaches are more frequent in men, and, unfortunately, the specific causes for these headaches aren’t known.
- Sinus headaches, otherwise known as sinus infections, are brought about when one’s nasal passage becomes inflamed. These can be triggered by allergies or even a common cold, and they are entirely normal, especially during the winter and spring seasons.
The duration of a headache can range anywhere from a few minutes to a few weeks. While some doctors recommend aspirin or ibuprofen as a way to alleviate symptoms, there are also alternate ways to treat these conditions – especially if they are chronic. Pain relievers are often just quick-fixes to the symptoms caused by other, bigger issues. Let us help you figure out what your issues are so that you can hopefully eliminate your headaches altogether.
If you’re one of the millions of Americans who suffer from constant head pain, please call us at Oklahoma Pain Treatment Centers to schedule an appointment. We can help.
Please call Oklahoma Pain Treatment Centers today to schedule your consultation and discuss the services to help you #LivePainFree!